How to get there? Take the Roosevelt Island’s cable car on 60th et 2nd Avenue (it’s worth it, only for the cable car ride and the view there!) or the subway F (stop: Roosevelt Island.)
Which weather conditions? In fine weather.
Price? $2.75 one way, to pay with your metrocard
What to do?
- See the various points of interest on the island (Blackwell Island’s lighthouse (north of the island), the ancient and shutted down “Smallpox” hospital, …)
- Walk in the parks, especially the “Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedom Park”, open in 2012, and admire its gorgeous architecture, designed over more than 40 years and the huge Roosevelt sculpture.
- Enjoy the view of Manhattan’s East Side and Long Island City.
- Walking “in the middle of” East River
- Everybody. Kids will run riot in the large parks, adults will enjoy the view and elderly will love the quiteness on the island. This is a walking visit.
Infrastructures? A Starbucks, a few restaurants and grocery stores.
The travel cheat sheet to print (A4 – portrait) by clicking here.