Sometimes, between 2 huge and foodporn-y ice creams cones, I eat veggies. Wagging tongues will say this is the best thing that could happen to my butt (and I guess they are right!)
Raw, cooked, marinated or just dressed, here are 3 recipes of healthy vegan bowls, all with noodles, marinated in my very own – asian style – marinade.
• yuzu, lime or lemon juice / ponzu sauce • garlic • fresh ginger • soy sauce • sesame oil • sesame seeds • salt, pepper •
- Cook and strain the noodles
- Mix well in the marinade while still hot
- (I voluntarily omit to give quantities in here – just taste as you go!)
GREEN BOWL – SAUTEED VEGGIES
• edamame • sugar peas • broccolis • asparagus • avocado •
- All the veggies have been sautéed in a saucepan with a little bit of olive oil and a lot of garlic + salt and pepper.
OVEN ROASTED BOWL
• sweet potatoes • carrots • Brussell sprouts • broccolis • marinated cucumber •
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit
- Cover 4 oven trays with wax paper
- Slice the sweet potatoes in 2 halves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts and cut their little “foot” to avoid the bitter taste.
- Spread on one of the trays and pour some olive oil and maple syrup + salt and pepper.
- Wash the broccolis and cut them in smaller pieces. Spread on one of the trays and pour olive oil + lemon juice + salt + pepper
- Peel and cut the carrots. In a medium bowl, stir olive oil with yellow mustard and maple syrup. Add salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- Cook everything in the oven for 25 minutes.
• edamame • grated carrots and purple cabbage • cucumber • avocado • bok choy •
- Raw veggies are seasoned with a lime and sesame oil vinaigrette
- Bok choy have been sliced in half, sautéed in garlic and deglazed with soy sauce.