In a few days, Foodetcaetera will turn one! And to celebrate it properly, I have two things for you : the usual blog birthday statistics and the first contest on the blog ever! Yay!
But before, let me tell you quickly about this past year (really quickly, I promise, I know this is usually the boring part!)
This past year, Foodetcaetera was:
- 66 published articles (+ 26 drafts and 5 planned articles) (You’re not gonna get rid of me that easily!)
- Almost 50’000 visitors
- 1000 references by search engines
- Visitors from all over the world: USA, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Canada, Germany, UK, Greece, Netherlands, …
- Until today, 82% of women and 18% of men. (You, tall, male Man, don’t be shy and comment sometimes!)
- Differents keywords which have brought you here. Including a few… eclectic let’s say:
- “Fooetcatera”, “foodetcetara”, “foodetcatara”, “foocaeterera”, “Fod Etcaetera”, FoodEtcetera”…
- Research about food
- Research about my culinary talents (“failed cookies”) (Thanks Google, really!)
- Research about expatriation, the US and NY (“expat in New York”, “french expat US”, “looking for a job in New York”, ..)
- Research that made me happy (“best cheesecake recipe”)
- Research “how the hell did you land here?” (a lot of “free proxy check”, “colours natak 3500”, “swaaadx”, …)
- And to finish, some saucy about naked girls with big boobs (I won’t write the precise words here, since it was not nice at all, all you need to know is it was about the girls I just mentionned and a horse) (and the same but with guys. Several times.) BUT HOW!??
- As well as, a lot of new friends, emails, advices, comments on my blog, comments on other blogs, nice job opportunities, a few culinary contests, and a lot of nice projects!
And so, for the next year, I want: more recipe, more time for blogging, photographying and baking, a larger kitchen, a little space to set up my culinary photo studio and Christophe Michalak on a unicorn. (Naked, obviously.) (And if you don’t know Christophe, check this out.) Anyway, enough joking, I told you about a contest:
- 1 totebag Foodetcaetera
- 1 mug I love NY
- stationnery NY (sticky notes and a notebook)
- a lot of chocolate / candy’s and US stuffs (Reese’s, Stardust, marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, Butterfinger, M&M’s, …)
To take part (and multiply your chances) 2 possibilites:
- On the blog: write a comment on your favorite article, and tell us a story related to the article (Don’t forget to mention you’re competing!)
Share this link on Twitter, Facebook, ton blog,
in the New York subway, or the four together. (At least one of these.)
- On Instagram: Follow my account and share the picture of the contest or any other of my pictures you like with the hashtag #hbfoodetc and @foodetcaetera and invite at least two friends to do the same. (Public accounts or that will be oppened on Sunday December 20 between 12 and 4 pm, Swiss time.)
An innocent hand will draw one name on the blog, who’s gonna win the gifts on the picture and one on Instagram, who’s gonna win a tote bag + a little something to eat.
End of the contest: December 19th, midnight Swiss Time. Random draw immediately after. (Just remember that I’m Swiss and therefore “immediately after” could mean a few days #cliché!)
Contest open to Switzerland, métropolitain France and USA (by the way, if you live in the US and win, we can definetely work on a more “swiss” kind of gift for you!)