I had my first poke, a few months ago, and I immediately fell in love with these amazingly beautiful and yummy raw fish bowls. So here is my own version of the Poké bowl.
For 2 people
• 1/3 lbs soba noodles • 1 tuna filet (sushi quality) • 1/2 cucumber • 1 mango • 1 avocado • a handful of edamame • pomegranate seeds •
For the marinade
• soy sauce • garlic • ginger • sesame seeds • sesame oil • yuzu juice* • ponzu sauce • salt •
*or lime, lemon juice, …
Step by step
Soba Noodle (gluten free, except if they used another flour in addition to buckwheat. Check the label.)
- Place in a bowl minced garlic and minced ginger covered in soy sauce. Add salt, pepper and sesame oil and stir together.
- Cook the noodles, drain it and rinse so it doesn’t stick.
- Pour in the marinade and stir well.
- Dice the mango and set aside. Extract the pulp from the stone and place in a bowl.
- Add yuzu juice and ponzu sauce (soy sauce works perfectly fine too)
- Dice the tuna and stir in the marinade.
Fruits and veggies
- Clean, slice, grate the veggies and set aside.
- You can also put some veggies in marinades.
- Place the noodles in a plate to create a layer for the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the veggies, the fruits and the tuna harmoniously in the place. Leave a spot empty to show the noodles.
- I do not make a marinade for the veggies, but it’s a possibility. You can make more tuna marinade and use it as a sauce for the bowl.
Did you ever try a poké bowl?