I assume this is the same for you, but as far as I am concerned, I can’t move due to the giant amount of food I just ate, and my butt is currently screaming for help (and it starts to be difficult to ignore!). Therefore, this year, and for once, I won’t procrastinate and I am starting a post-holiday detox right away. (Don’t worry though, this recipe will pair perfectly with the chocolate leftovers from Christmas… I said “detox”, not “torture”)
This is a really easy one, but the mint makes it super fresh and light (as long as you don’t pick the topping from the second list….)
For 3 bowls
• 1 medium onion • 3 garlic cloves • 1 large potato • 1 big bag of frozen peas (16 ounces) • 1 cube vegetable stock • 33fl oz. water • 1 bunch of fresh mint • salt, pepper, olive oil •
- Bring the frozen peas out of the freezer.
Place a large pan on high heat with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. Chop and sauté the onion and the garlic for about 5 minutes.
Add the diced potato and the peas, then pour the water and add the vegetable stock.
Add the stock and peas in the pan.
Stir and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and put the lid on.
- Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until potato and peas are cooked.
Remove from heat, add the washed mint leaves and let cool for a bit (you want to avoid pouring extra hot liquid in your blender, otherwise you’ll end up with a 2nd degree burn!)
- Pulse the soup until smooth.
- Garnish (see below)
Vegan and gluten free garniture ideas
- vegan sour cream
- coconut milk or cream
- seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, hemp)
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh peas
Not that vegan garniture ideas (and not that detox, for that matter)
- garlic croutons
- parmesan biscuit
- CHEESE 🙂
- heavy or sour cream
What’s your favorite soup or go-to detox recipe?