There ain’t no secret that I have 2 passions in life: baking and Christophe Michalak naked on a unicorn. Unfortunately, the second part is a tricky one. (Because of the unicorn. Obviously.) I also love summer fruits
and making a mess in my kitchen. (And if you don’t know who Christophe Michalak is, please Google him.)
Anyway. Today I am sharing an extremely long recipe, which will for sure leave your kitchen in a post-apocalyptic stage, BUT with 3 huge pros:
- it tastes INCREDIBLE
- it’s quite long but easy peasy
- the design is super nice and you’ll be the star of the office
Here is my (wait for it): strawberry tart on a crust combo, with lemon curd and a mint whipped cream. We are going to get through this together, step by step, and everything is gonna be alright. Don’t worry,
be happy and trust me:
- Mint whipped cream (part 1 – infusing)
200 ml whipped cream – a dozen of mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and mint leaves (washed and drained) to a boil.
- Let simmer in the fridge until cold.
Crust duo (pie crust and a cake)
- Preheat the oven at 380°F
- Cake: In a medium bowl, whip the same weight of egg with sugar, butter and floor. Set aside.
- Make the crust (recipe –here-)
- Pick a big round pie pan as well as a smaller round metallic cookie cutter (both need to be ovenable).
- Ease the dough into the big round pan, and take out a round piece in the middle, using the cookie cutter. Cut a dough stripe and put it around the cookie cutter, to make an “edge”.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, add the cake batter and put back into the oven for 12 additional minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Strawberries coulis
1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries – 3 tablespoon water -50 g de sugar – zest of a lemon (or lime)
- Dice the strawberries.
- Place all ingredients (but the zest) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for 5 ish minutes.
- Puree the mix
- Zest the lemon in the lukewarm puree
- Lemon cream
- Make the lemon cream of this recipe –clic–
- Mint whipped cream (part 2 )
- Take the infused cream out of the fridge, strain in and put it in a big bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes (don’t forget it there though!)
- Take it out and whip it then place in a piping bag.
All the above elements, plus fresh strawberries, more lemon zest and a few mint leaves for decoration.
- Soak the strawberries coulis in the cake-y part of the crust.
- Pour the lemon cream on it.
- Place the strawberries in staggered rows.
- Pipe the whipped cream and decorate with mint leaves and zest.
Not that complicated, huh?