Earlier this year, I received an email that couldn’t have put me in a better mood: Swiss ambassador André Schaller was inviting me to a cooking class and lunch at his residence, to (re) discover emblematic Swiss products and share about our lovely home country. As I was jumping around, picturing me eating tons of cheese and drinking Swiss wine, I got another email, stating that all Fairway Market will carry a selection of Swiss products. HEAVEN.
After weeks of excitement, the day finally came! Not only we tasted amazing Swiss products, but we also got the privilege to cook them with talented chef Yannick Germanier – who use to work for one of the best restaurant in Switzerland! See below a few pictures of the event and the detailed menu:
Cheese plate and Vins du Valais*
Typical swiss röstis with beet marinated salmon and swiss caviar
(and to see how to flip a rösti, clic here.)
Swiss gluten free noodles cooked fusion (ramen style)
Vegan and non- vegan chocolate mousses with frozen yoghurt and pears from the Valais
*Wines from my region in Switzerland (Valais) – best wines, obviously 🙂
As I mentioned earlier, for the next 6 months, you’ll find a lot of great swiss products at Fairway market, including the below:
- Kagi Chocolate wafers (chocolate and hazelnut candy bar)
- Chocolate Stella (including some vegan ones that – I must admit – tasted pretty awesome) (organic and fair, with incredibly beautiful packagings!)
- Swiss drinks, such as Fizzi (sparkling soft drinks) and iconic Rivella
- Sandro Vanini fruits mostardas – (that are INCREDIBLE with the cheese!)
- And the below cheeses, all Swiss made, from Milch Manufaktur, Schweizer Alpkäse and Seiler Käserei.
I strongly encourage you to try some of these products with a nice glass of white wine!
And if you would like to learn a little bit more about Swiss food, you can clic – here -.