Hello you, and Bon Bini!
Since everyone is talking about the new school year
and given that I love not to fit in, I decided to bring the summer back for a little while, and to tell you about my vacation!
As you probably don’t know, I have a pretty huge need of sun, as you can easily say from my
terribly pale porcelain complexion. Beginning of August, I suddenly felt the urge to dip my fat into some water go to the sea and since I couldn’t go to Greece this year, I convinced the Cher-et-Tendre to travel to the Caribbean for a few days.
August is the worst hurricane period, so we chose Curacao, one of the ABC islands, which are geographically protected. There is no direct flight from New York, so we had to take a flight to Miami first. We also had a little incomprehension with one of the employee at the airport: “Where do you live?” “In New York.” “So, you must have a Green card.” “No we have a visa.” “So you don’t live in New York.” “Yes we do! See, here is our visa.” “But where is your Green card?” “We don’t have one!” “If you don’t, it means you don’t live in New York!”
Believe me, she could have gone like that for hours!
We decided to rent a car for 4 days directly at the airport, so we could explore the island, because the bus system is supposed to be quite bad. I advise you to take a GPS, because despite what I read before going, it’s really difficult to find your way! We use the car to bath in a few beaches, spot wild flamingos and visit the capital, Willemstad and its floating market!
We chose the “Curacao Marriott Beach Resort”, good compromise between my wishes not to see anybody (#misanthropy) and the love of the Cher-et-Tendre’s for huge resorts with a lot of amenities. Our “beach front room” was perfect, with a beautiful view, and a nice water sound, perfect to fall asleep. Moreover, the private beach was one of the best hotel beaches we saw!
What we loved:
- The Playa Lagun Beach, very calm and gorgeous, our best snorkel memory! Also a great place to meet locals!
- The famous Kenepa beach, for the beautiful point of view and to take THE picture that will make you an Instagram star!
- The restaurant Seabreeze at Marriott, for its nice chefs, delicious food and for the great night we spent eating on the beach, our fee in the sand!
- The Flamingo Point, from where you can spot wild flamingos.
- Everywhere on the island, we saw a lot a colorful birds (some of which, not shy, were stealing the little packs of sugar directly from the hotel table!)
- The Willemstadt’s floating Market. The merchants are coming every morning from Venezuela to sell fruits and vegetables!
More info about restaurants, our hotel or the other beaches: visit my Tripadvisor!
I hope you liked it. Next time, I will tell you how I let the Cher-et-Tendre convince me to try the flyboard. And also I almost lost half of my skin because I have been
too stupid a little bit thoughtless!
Pictures: The Cher-et-Tendre and myself, Nikon D 750 & D7000, various lenses.